Prior planning is one of the best ways to save when you’re going on vacation. And if you’re visiting Disneyland® this summer, here are five things you should know about the 2018 season, courtesy of our partners at Get Away Today:
- In April, Disneyland kicked off Pixar Fest with a new fireworks show and the return of two parades. Together Forever—A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular will take place at Disneyland, along with the Pixar Play parade. In Disney California Adventure, you’ll find the return of Paint the Night parade and you can watch some Pixar shorts in the Sunset Theater. Be sure to catch these attractions before September 3.
- Disney California Adventure Park opened Pixar Pier, formerly Paradise Pier, on June 23. This land has four neighborhoods highlighting Toy Story, The Incredibles, Inside Out and a general Pixar area. California Screamin’ will become the Incredicoaster and Mickey’s Fun Wheel will have Pixar characters added to its gondolas.
- Don’t miss enchanting evenings at the Disneyland Resort. Summer days may be warm, but the nights can be chilly. Plan on packing layers and take a midday rest if necessary, because there is incredible evening entertainment. An updated Fantasmic! and World of Color, as well as Paint the Night parade, will take place.
- MaxPass is now available at Disneyland, allowing you to make FastPass reservations from your phone. You can also get PhotoPass digital downloads for a small charge. If you’re there on a busier day, it may be worth the upgrade.
- Downtown Disney is getting bigger and better as well. Both Splitsville, a luxury bowling alley/restaurant, and The Void, a virtual reality Star Wars experience, recently opened as huge hits. Expect more restaurant space later this year, too.
If you haven’t booked your vacation yet, contact Get Away Today at 1-855-GET-AWAY or getawaytoday.com for the best ticket and package deals. Use your America First Visa® to pay and you could earn 1.5% cash back to fund some extras while you’re enjoying the parks!