Small Business Seminar: Strategies of Successful Small Business Owners
Date(s) - 08/29/2018
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Upon successful completion of this program, small business owners and professionals will learn the process of managing smart and strategically by developing the skills needed to increase business results and productivity while reducing work-related reactivity and stress.
In this workshop, business owners will learn and accomplish the following:
- Move from a reactive, operational approach to a proactive, strategic mindset
- Learn the daily habits of highly effective small business owners
- Understand how they currently use their time and the barriers that keep them from managing themselves and others more effectively
- Improve delegation and empowerment skills to focus on the highest priority tasks
- Begin to focus, organize and execute around activities that directly impact business goals
- The difference between the important & the urgent and how to achieve the important
- Create a systematic approach to managing daily events and activities that are aligned with long term goal
- Training is presented in a 1.5-hour small group workshop on August 29th from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Participants will include clients of America First Credit Union and The Beckley Group
- AFCU will provide the facilities for the seminar. TBG will provide all necessary training materials including workbooks for each participant.
The Beckley Group exists to help organizations realize their vision by helping people to realize theirs. In our relationship with clients, we teach and tailor best practices in management to their unique circumstances and business environment. The result is measurable increases in mission impact, productivity, morale, and team engagement.
The purpose of The Beckley Group is to improve a business’s performance through people. Virtually every organization has what we call a performance gap – its actual performance in relation to its potential performance or what it is capable of achieving. Performance is usually measured in financial terms but can also be measured in other ways such as quality of life for the leaders or employees.
Douglas Scott Beckley, a native Las Vegan, founded The Beckley Group in 2001. Under his leadership, The Beckley Group has created success and boosted profitability for numerous well known Southern Nevada organizations from a variety of industries including construction, banking and finance, law, gaming, real estate, retail and the non-profit sector.
Doug has been the owner of a number of prosperous businesses including the most successful multi-center UPS Store franchise in Nevada. His franchises have received a multitude of awards and were ranked in the top one percent in the world for total revenues.
Doug is past Chair of the Nevada Community Foundation, a 80 million dollar public foundation. Mr. Beckley was also a licensed preacher in the Episcopal Diocese of Nevada. Doug has personally supported a number of Nevada charities over the years. His donation to the Meadows School made possible the school’s gymnasium, which bears his name. In 2000, he established a philanthropic fund that benefits a number of local nonprofit organizations.
In addition to his tenure with the Nevada Community Foundation, Doug is past President of the Las Vegas Southwest Rotary, a Board member of The Las Vegas Executives Association, board member of Las Vegas-Clark County Library District Foundation, past Vestry member of Grace in the Desert Episcopal Church, past Treasurer of the National Society of Fundraising Executives, Advisory Board Member of AIDS Action International, founding Board Member of the Nevada Planned Giving Roundtable, a Paul Harris Fellow and a member of the Nevada Development Authority and Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce.
Doug receive his BS in Business Management from the University of the Pacific in 1986. His early career was in banking and real estate. He was a District Credit Officer and Commercial Lender with First Interstate Bank. He also has owned a variety of Las Vegas real estate including the famous Pioneer Club Casino, which Doug and his family owned and operated for many years.
This event is fully booked.