An Exceptional Year of Performance; A Vibrant Future
By John B. Lund,Â President and Chief Executive Officer
I am pleased to report that 2016 was another outstanding year. Your credit union remains safe, strong, well respected, and positioned for a bright and vibrant future.
To be part of a truly outstanding organization and team–that has among its core principles the mission to improve the financial well-being of its members, as well as the communities in which we live and work–is extremely gratifying. We strive to create meaningful relationships by providing relevant and affordable financial solutions for individuals, families, and businesses.
Significant milestones we reached include surpassing $8 billion in assets, growing to over 800,000 members, and opening new locations in Arizona and Idaho. America First is the 11th largest credit union in the nation in terms of assets and 7th most substantial in membership. While size provides critical mass necessary for a complex and changing world, I believe our growth and success reflects the fact that we offer consistent value, convenience, and high levels of service.
Additional highlights of 2016 include:
- We opened new locations in Santa Clara, Washington, Jeremy Ranch, and Traverse Mountain, Utah; Summerlin, Nevada; Boise, Idaho; and Phoenix, Arizona.
- Our first-of-its-kind Innovation Center debuted in Salt Lakeâ€™s City Creek Center, showcasing and giving members the opportunity to test and evaluate new technologies and services.
- Superior service scores & measurements continue to be very strong and are among the best in the nation.
- We improved call center systems, resulting in dramatic wait time reduction.
- We received outstanding ratings and reviews from our external auditors and our federal regulator.
- Member-selected personal identification numbers were made available.
- A new & free identity theft recovery service was offered to those who use America First VisaÂ® credit cards. This is in addition to our Card GuardÂ® mobile security app that provides real-time credit and debit card control.
- EMV chip-enabled Visa cards were issued for an extra layer of protection.
- Our Visa cash-back cards featured a higher rebate level and we enhanced the free ABC Dealsâ„¢ program.
- New and improved loan and deposit services for business account holders were delivered.
- We were again recognized as the number-one auto lender in Utah & the top credit union auto lender in Nevada.
- Our tradition of being your premier provider of electronic services continued.
- We developed engaging social media initiatives and demonstrated solid results.
- Many educational programs for students and teachers in our schools were undertaken.
- Our dedication to making significant outreach efforts to the communities we serve was evident, including the donation of time, means, and goods to those in need or those who require a helping hand.
As we look forward, you can be certain that America First will remain committed in our resolve to bring you the very best in financial services. I hope 2017 is a year of peace, productivity, and positive outcomes for you and those you love. Thank you for supporting America First Credit Union. We look forward to a lifelong relationship.