Security Update: Going Online Means Staying On Your Guard
Our world becomes increasingly digital every day and, as more personal & financial information goes online, strong cybersecurity is essential. Here are some ways to stay safe:
- Strong passwords offer better protection than PINs. You should also create different, personalized phrases for each account.
- Take advantage of two-step account authentication when it’s available.
- Monitor transaction activity frequently with free online banking and immediately report any discrepancies.
- Download our free Card Guard® mobile app to set controls for when, where, and how your Visa® credit & debit cards can be used.
- Always lock your smartphone or tablet.
- Don’t click on unfamiliar or suspicious links/attachments, especially if you didn’t request them.
- Limit what you share on social media.
For details about protecting your resources, visit us here.