Security Update: On Guard against Identity Theft
According to Reuters, millions of people find themselves victims of identity theft every year.
It can happen to anyone, but here are five easy steps you can take to help protect yourself:
- Do not list your Social Security and driver’s license numbers on your checks.
- Install antivirus and anti-spyware software on your home computer & mobile devices.
- Never provide anyone who calls or emails you with your personal or account data. Your credit union will never contact you first and ask you for your information.
- Never write your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on any card or on a piece of paper kept in your wallet or purse.
- Shred confidential documents.
- Choose complex passwords featuring combinations of letters, numbers and special characters.
- Review your America First accounts regularly with free Online & Mobile Banking.
And be sure to visit us here for more valuable information and tips on how we are working to protect your financial resources.