Security Update: It’s Time to Do Some Digital Spring Cleaning
To keep your electronic life secure, use the following tips to remove clutter, upgrade technology—basically, do a digital spring cleaning. Here are 10 simple chores.
- Get rid of excess files and items.
- Organize your media in labeled files.
- Remove unnecessary icons from the desktop.
- Uninstall programs that aren’t ever utilized.
- Install antivirus, antispyware, antiphishing and firewall software.
- Create strong & unique passwords (having different characters/numbers, lowercase/uppercase letters).
- Back up important data.
- Perform operating system updates.
- Defragment your hard drive.
- Double-check your smartphone and remove unneeded apps.
And be sure to visit us here to learn how your credit union is safeguarding your resources.