Spring Sprucing: Affordable Ways to Improve Your Home
Spring has a way of getting us to tidy up our living spaces. Some might be satisfied with traditional cleaning, while others use a home equity line of credit for major renovations. But if you’re on a budget and still want to make changes, here’s a list of affordable ways to improve your home.
Boost Curb Appeal
- Add a pop of color to your front door with a bold shade or bright hue, then paint the exterior trim and shutters to match.
- Modernize your address numbers with a different font, size and color to create personality.
- Buy a fun new doormat or paint your old one.
- A mowed lawn, weeded flowerbeds, trimmed trees and watered window box gardens make a world of difference.
- Give your mailbox a makeover.
- Add new light fixtures to your porch.
- Build a pergola over your parking space.
Make Your Bathroom a Personal Sanctuary
- Bring in flowers and candles to make it feel more luxurious.
- Replace the shower curtain with a new pattern or color and switch the bathmat to match.
- Apply a new coat of paint to refresh the area.
- Hang quirky art on the walls.
- Update your towel bar and get some new colorful linens.
- Use ornate glass jars for decoration and organization.
Whip It Up in the Kitchen
- Paint your cabinets and swap out the old hardware with something more modern.
- Remove cabinet doors for an open shelving effect.
- Display decorative plates on your walls.
- If you have a fridge that doesn’t flow, you can use chalkboard paint to completely transform the look.
- Check out local thrift stores for vintage light fixtures.
- Purchase new, colorful small appliances and use them as decorative accessories.
While we don’t expect you to try everything on the list, it’s hopefully helped you realize that improving the look and feel of your home doesn’t have to cost a lot. However, if you want to invest in significant upgrades, you can always apply for an affordable, low-rate home equity loan from America First.