Protecting yourself online is important to maintain financial health, no matter where we are on the calendar. But as we look toward the holidays, it’s a good idea to be aware of & avoid these pitfalls.
- Malicious messages: Emails from family and friends invite recipients to click on cards, videos, and animations. While some are harmless, cybercriminals can imbed viruses and spyware—open all attachments and URLs with care.
- Phishing with friends: Many on social media will use the upcoming downtime to network. Unfortunately, these sites are often where phishing attacks take place. Think twice about adding those you don’t really know and never divulge personal data to anyone on the internet.
- Where’s my phone: Thousands of travelers will lose their smartphones & laptops this year, so it’s wise not to leave a boarding gate, vehicle, or security checkpoint without taking a mental inventory of your electronics.
- Downloading danger: Apply common sense when you get games, file-sharing tools, streaming services & other third-party apps. Deploy anti-virus software to detect malware.
For more information, please visit us here.
Everyone knows it’s better to give than receive, but as a member of America First, you can do both!
Apply to skip a loan payment* for only $25 and, when you take advantage of this option during the holidays, we’ll contribute $5 to the America First Charitable Foundation, assisting the less-fortunate.
Then you’ll be free to go shopping, get caught up on your bills—anything you see fit. Plus, you’ll be helping someone in need. To see if you qualify, log in here, then click the Other Services tab.
*Terms and conditions apply. Not all loans are eligible. The America First Credit Union Charitable Foundation is a Utah-based, non-profit corporation organized for charitable purposes.
America First Financial Solutions, provided through CUSO Financial Services, LP (CFS*), makes available a variety of products that complement those offered by the credit union.
Dedicated CFS advisors work with you to develop an economic roadmap that includes:
- 401k and thrift savings rollovers
- Life insurance & long-term care
- Higher education planning
- Retirement planning
Call 1-800-999-3961 for a no-cost, no-obligation appointment or send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (CFS), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk, including possible loss of principal. Investment representatives are registered through CFS. The credit union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to members.