Security: Spring Cleaning
It’s the season to de-clutter, upgrade technologies and streamline security—a spring-cleaning project for your digital life. To follow are some tips for getting it done:
- Go through your computer & devices, discard old files and empty the recycle bin.
- Organize your media in labeled folders.
- Uninstall programs you don’t use to speed things up and bock malware potential.
- Reinstall your operating system.
- Back up important data.
- Update security software, including antivirus, anti-spyware and anti-phishing programs.
- Set up a firewall—major search engines can tell you how.
- Sort through your email and toss out messages that aren’t relevant.
- And finally, visit us here to learn more about protecting your information and financial resources.