Security Update: Don’t Fall Victim to Cybercrime
The proliferation of online & electronic scams isn’t slowing down, but there are ways you can avoid becoming a victim.
It’s always a good idea to take the following steps to prevent theft and enhance your safety:
- Create different passwords for all of your applications and change them frequently.
- Don’t leave your home computer on all the time — it’s like leaving a door unlocked.
- Think before you click. Never blindly open attachments or links.
- Use free antivirus or protective software.
- Add a firewall to your system to prevent unauthorized users from gaining access.
- Report any fraud attempt to us by calling 1-800-999-3961, and be sure to file a complaint with the FTC.
- Regularly check your accounts with free Online & Mobile Banking.
- Visit us here to see how we’re working to safeguard your resources.