Security Update: How to Reduce the Rising Risk of Identity Theft
No matter the month, cyber criminals are always busy. But during the summer, when families are on vacation or enjoying weekend getaways, they step up attacks on consumers around the globe.
According to experts, no one is immune to this phenomenon but there are ways to minimize your risk:
- Be overly careful about clicking on links and attachments you didn’t request and/or don’t recognize.
- Limit the amount of sensitive data stored on your devices.
- Use free online & mobile banking for real-time transaction and account monitoring.
- Don’t geotag photos on Facebook.
- Restrict the personal information you post on any social media site.
- Get free identity theft recovery services with Visa® credit cards from America First.
Please visit americafirst.com/security for updates regarding our efforts to safeguard your resources.