The proliferation of online & electronic scams isn’t slowing down, but there are ways you can avoid becoming a victim.
It’s always a good idea to take the following steps to prevent theft and enhance your safety:
- Create different passwords for all of your applications and change them frequently.
- Don’t leave your home computer on all the time — it’s like leaving a door unlocked.
- Think before you click. Never blindly open attachments or links.
- Use free antivirus or protective software.
- Add a firewall to your system to prevent unauthorized users from gaining access.
- Report any fraud attempt to us by calling 1-800-999-3961, and be sure to file a complaint with the FTC.
- Regularly check your accounts with free Online & Mobile Banking.
- Visit us here to see how we’re working to safeguard your resources.
Riverdale, Utah – America First Credit Union is charging into 2015 with the announcement of several internal promotions.
Internal promotions include Randy Halley and Rich Syme to executive vice president. Tammy Gallegos, Paula Kenny, Thayne Shaffer and Kent Streuling have been named as senior vice presidents. Bob Bodily, Kris Distefano, Scott Ellis, Randy Hunter, Missy Key and Dave Stacey have been named as vice presidents.
“We have many outstanding employees that are prepared to take on additional responsibilities, and we’re excited about the opportunities created for our employees in these new roles,” said John Lund, President and CEO of America First. “These advancements will allow us to continue to service members with the upmost quality as we anticipate our growth in the coming year.”
In addition to the above promotions, the following organizational changes have been made:
New divisions within the credit union have been created, to include the Compliance and Credit divisions. The Compliance division will encompass the following departments: Compliance, Legal and Loan Portfolio Management. Sharee Dickey will serve as vice president. The Credit division will include Collections, Special Collections, Recovery, Counseling and Troubled Debt Restructuring. Susan Chadwick will serve as vice president.
The following organizational changes will take place in conjunction with Chad Tanner being named as vice president of the call centers: Annette Cave has been promoted to manager of the Lending Service Call Center. The newly-named Member Service Contact Center will be managed by Farrell Poll.
With the arrival of a new year, it’s a good time to assess your cybersecurity and keep yourself safe. To follow are some tips for doing so:
- Sift through all of your electronic files, organize them, and delete those that are outdated or unnecessary.
- Back up your data to a secondary internal or external hard drive. You can also take advantage of cloud-based services.
- Reinstall your operating system to get rid of clutter and malware. Your machine should then run faster.
- Familiarize yourself with all of your devices so you can maximize their functionality and security.
- If you haven’t already, invest in antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-phishing programs, and firewalls — or upgrade these if you can.
And please take the time to check with us here to see how we’re working to provide you with protection throughout the year.