Security Update: Staying Protected in an Online World
In today’s 24/7 culture, where everything is electronic and moves at lightning speed, it’s essential to stay alert and protect yourself against fraud. Here are some tips that can help:
• Review your credit at least once a year from each of the three national reporting agencies. These are available to you without a cost here.
• Monitor your account activity as often as possible, easily and conveniently, with free Online & Mobile Banking. Check for unauthorized transactions, verify your purchases, and accomplish so much more.
• Take advantage of our enhanced security features such as Card Guard™, our revolutionary — and free — mobile security app that puts you in control of your America First Visa® — you decide when, where, and how your cards are used.
• Beware of unfamiliar attachments & links. If you’re not sure of the source, don’t click.
• Add a firewall to your computer. These prevent unauthorized users from gaining access to your machine.
• Properly dispose of your documents & statements containing personal and financial information. America First hosts a number of events throughout the year, during which you can bring materials to one of our branches and we will shred them for free. Visit this link for a schedule.
Remember, it’s always wise to take every available precaution when you’re navigating the Internet for personal, social, and business reasons.
And be sure to check out this resource for additional updates regarding how your credit union is constantly working to safeguard your resources.