No matter the season and regardless of the economic environment, there are always criminals looking to perpetrate fraud.
It can happen to anyone at any time, but here are five easy steps you can take to help protect yourself:
- Don’t include your Social Security and driver’s license numbers on any identifying documents
- Never write your PIN on cards or papers in your immediate possession
- Destroy confidential documents—click this link for a free shredding schedule
- Choose strong passwords with different letters, numbers and special characters
- Review your America First statements with free online & mobile banking
- Visit us here for news about safeguarding your financial resources
No matter the month, cyber criminals are always busy. But during the summer, when families are on vacation or enjoying weekend getaways, they step up attacks on consumers around the globe.
According to experts, no one is immune to this phenomenon but there are ways to minimize your risk:
- Be overly careful about clicking on links and attachments you didn’t request and/or don’t recognize.
- Limit the amount of sensitive data stored on your devices.
- Use free online & mobile banking for real-time transaction and account monitoring.
- Don’t geotag photos on Facebook.
- Restrict the personal information you post on any social media site.
- Get free identity theft recovery services with Visa® credit cards from America First.
Please visit americafirst.com/security for updates regarding our efforts to safeguard your resources.
Take financial control with immediate fraud alerts from America First.
Check your phone for free, real-time texts that tell you when a transaction is suspicious. We’ll ask if the purchase was legitimate and you can simply reply with YES or NO.
It’s already set up and provided without a cost to all America First Visa® cardholders. Just look for the sender AFCU FRAUD or the short code 28799 to verify the message—it’s a safe & secure way to monitor your account.
And if you don’t want to receive alerts, just send STOP or CANCEL and we’ll take care of the rest.
These texts are easy, effective and a service we’re glad to provide, because protecting your hard-earned money is our first priority.
It’s that time of year again: family vacations, weekend getaways, maybe even the trip of a lifetime. And there’s no better way to pay than with your America First Visa® cards.
But before you leave, please inform us so we can guard your resources.
Call 1-800-999-3961 or log in to free online banking, use the other services tab, then look for the Visa traveling form in the bottom-left corner.
When you choose Visa® from America First, you’ll have the best benefits, features & options.
Plus, you’ll get free identity theft recovery services, complete with:
- Family protection plans
- Document replacement
- Dedicated case advocates
To learn more, click here.
It’s that time again—family vacations, outdoor getaways, maybe even the trip of a lifetime. And there’s no better way to pay than with your America First Visa® cards.
But before you leave, please inform us so we can protect your account.
Call 1-800-999-3961 or log in to free online banking to make a travel notification.
You can also visit us here for more information about protecting your finances.
We all want to improve & maintain our financial health. And with America First membership, you can use the following free services to accomplish that goal:
- FICO® Scores—check your credit at any time using free online banking
- Money manager—a convenient tool that tracks spending & saving in one place, even listing accounts at other institutions
- Account e-alerts—custom notifications regarding transactions
- Card Guard®—turn your Visa® on and off with this mobile app
No matter what objectives are, let America First help you achieve them. Get started today.
With interest rates set to rise, now’s the perfect time to build, buy or refinance your home with America First.
- Competitive options
- Flexible terms & schedules
- All your financial solutions under one roof
Build—with quick & easy financing, you can create the perfect home at your preferred price.
- Customized to your needs
- Discounts for bundling construction/home loans
- Simple & convenient draw process
Buy—when you find your dream home, get hassle-free lending from a financial institution you trust.
- Perfect for move-in-ready properties
- Options with no closing costs
- Step-by-step notifications
Refi—enjoy lower monthly payments while freeing up some extra funds.
- Fixed rates available
- Options with no closing costs
- Flexible terms up to 15 years
It’s the season to de-clutter, upgrade technologies and streamline security—a spring-cleaning project for your digital life. To follow are some tips for getting it done:
- Go through your computer & devices, discard old files and empty the recycle bin.
- Organize your media in labeled folders.
- Uninstall programs you don’t use to speed things up and bock malware potential.
- Reinstall your operating system.
- Back up important data.
- Update security software, including antivirus, anti-spyware and anti-phishing programs.
- Set up a firewall—major search engines can tell you how.
- Sort through your email and toss out messages that aren’t relevant.
- And finally, visit us here to learn more about protecting your information and financial resources.
To keep your electronic life secure, use the following tips to remove clutter, upgrade technology—basically, do a digital spring cleaning. Here are 10 simple chores.
- Get rid of excess files and items.
- Organize your media in labeled files.
- Remove unnecessary icons from the desktop.
- Uninstall programs that aren’t ever utilized.
- Install antivirus, antispyware, antiphishing and firewall software.
- Create strong & unique passwords (having different characters/numbers, lowercase/uppercase letters).
- Back up important data.
- Perform operating system updates.
- Defragment your hard drive.
- Double-check your smartphone and remove unneeded apps.
And be sure to visit us here to learn how your credit union is safeguarding your resources.