We have all your home loan needs under one roof.
Apply at an America First location near you for the best in affordable:
• Home Equity Loans
• Home Equity Lines of Credit
• Construction & Lot Loans
Click here to learn more.
More and more, people are seeking employment online but some may be inadvertently placing themselves at risk of identity theft.
The FBI has investigated scams where criminals are searching job boards for personal information, particularly posted resumés with Social Security numbers and other details.
Here are some tips to help protect yourself:
•Don’t include your identifying data or physical address — simply list an email at which you can be reached.
•Never agree to wire a portion of a check or deposit back to a company representative who tells you this is required to be hired. Most times, the initial check or deposit is fraudulent and will be returned against your account, which means you’ll be liable for the entire amount.
-One lucky winner will be awarded a $500 VISA gift card-
Riverdale, Utah – In the spirit of the Back-to-School season and to lessen the financial burden of costs associated with school clothing and supplies, America First Credit Union has launched a photo contest on its Facebook page, encouraging submissions from parents of children partaking in the first day of school. One lucky winner will be awarded a $500 VISA gift card to help lessen what can be an expensive time for families.
Members and social media followers are invited to participate by submitting a photo on the America First Facebook page through Wednesday, Aug. 26. For more information, read the contest rules and regulations.
Riverdale, Utah – America First Credit Union will welcome residents of Herriman with the opening of its newest location at 5438 West 13400 South Herriman in Herriman, Utah on Monday, Aug. 17. The third branch opening of 2015, the Herriman opening signifies a strong first half of the year for America First, marking 112 branch locations throughout Utah and Southern Nevada.
Kamille Lopez will serve as branch manager of the Herriman location. Lopez is a Utah native, having graduated from Jordan High School. Her career began with America First Credit Union in December 2006 when she served as a teller and Lopez has progressed through the credit union in such roles as lead teller, assistant manager and branch manager.
A grand opening ribbon cutting will take place on Friday, Aug. 28 with celebratory events held Aug. 28 – September 5. The branch is located at 5438 West 13400 South Herriman, UT 84096. Branch hours are Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Summer is in full swing and, although there are lots of outdoor activities going on, it’s also a season when children remain tethered to electronic devices. To follow are a couple of tips for keeping your kids cyber-secure.
• Many youngsters carry smartphones these days, which keep them connected to each other and able to reach their parents in emergencies. It’s wise to be knowledgeable about the apps your kids are using on these phones and make sure they are downloaded from reputable stores, with the proper privacy disclosures and settings.
• Apps sharing locations with friends and family can be useful, but take care with these programs and understand the risks generated by putting any personal information online. That’s especially good advice for young people.
When you make a career switch, you also need to decide what you’re going to do with your 401k.
Should you leave the funds where they are or take your plan with you? Should you roll the money into an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) or transfer it to your new employer? Here are some choices:
• Take the money and run — You can withdraw your 401k in a lump sum and use the funds to meet expenses or invest elsewhere. Because these distributions involve complex tax issues, it’s always wise to consult a professional for more information.
• Another option is to simply leave resources in your old employer’s 401k and let them grow tax-deferred. However, you may not always have this opportunity, because some companies require you to take your money or withdraw it once you reach normal retirement age.
Riverdale, Utah – Diving head first into summer, America First Credit Union is offering low rates on auto, RV and home equity loans and will host a “Summer Better Than Others” campaign of giveaways, running through August 28. Members can take advantage of loan opportunities, while also being entered to win a selection of prizes awarded each day of the promotion, to include concert tickets, electronics, Disneyland vacations, and more.
Members can take advantage of low rates to make their summer purchases, including RVs, automotive and home equity loans. Individuals are automatically entered to have their loan payments made for a month, as well as to win a host of summer giveaways when they are approved for a loan, use an America First credit card or open a new credit card account, become a member or follow America First on its social media platforms.
Prizes will be drawn daily and include GoPro cameras, BBQ grills, Apple watches, iPad minis, beach cruiser bicycles, televisions, Intex above ground pools, Xbox One consoles and more with the grand prize of a $10,000 loan payment.