With the arrival of a new year, it’s a good time to assess your cybersecurity and keep yourself safe. To follow are some tips for doing so:
- Sift through all of your electronic files, organize them, and delete those that are outdated or unnecessary.
- Back up your data to a secondary internal or external hard drive. You can also take advantage of cloud-based services.
- Reinstall your operating system to get rid of clutter and malware. Your machine should then run faster.
- Familiarize yourself with all of your devices so you can maximize their functionality and security.
- If you haven’t already, invest in antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-phishing programs, and firewalls — or upgrade these if you can.
And please take the time to check with us here to see how we’re working to provide you with protection throughout the year.